Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Warning Yoda...

I love fireworks. I just think they are the grandest things man has ever made, even neater than a deep deep tripple black 1937 supercharged Cord convertable...

Ok I admit I can't stand the nit wits who seem to have a need to take perfectly good fountians, M-80's, sparklers, bottle rockets and roman candles and do irresponsible stuff like throw them at other people, roofs, houses passing cars, you know the kind of behavior that makes one wonder "What is this moron using for a brain, anyhow?" Of course another part of my dislike for these mental midgets is that they have ruined the 4th of July for us reponsible fireworks enjoyers by making laws to protect us against the numb heads necessary. Damn them!!!!

Yeah fireworks are illegal, forbidden to us law abiding folks verbotten und Badd according to all the fire and police agencies. Sadly, here in Altadena this is not something that concerns Mr. and Mrs. Numbnuts. They seem to have all kinds of goodies and are already starting to light them off today on the 2nd of July.

This causes no end of discomfort to my cat Yoda. Not only must Yoda endure all kinds of noise from explosions, but I am busily watering everything in site, the yard, the house, the fence, the gates, the trees, attempting to protect my property from the idiot patrol on July 4th while I wont be here, but will be with family friends in a city where "Safe and Sane" fireworks are legal, and where my Father, Brother and I will be teaching my Brothers kids to responsibly and safely use fireworks.

Yoda hates the 4th, the noise that shatter her kitty ears,my endless watering, the smoke and fire everywhere, and the fact that the poor thing must endure it all alone, because I can not stand to miss lighting fireworks on the 4th, nor can I stand to watch the idiot patrol near my house working hard on burning the whole neighborhood down while proving that indeed some people really are not ready for self government.These people flinging lit Roman Candles over the roof tops not only scare me, they make me want to protect life limb and property with my .45. Jeanette thinks it's better if I water the yard extensively and we go somewhere else.
I think its the proving themselves not worthy of Democracy that upsets me so,even more than the potential to burn down teh whole town- but this concept is lost on Yoda, Democracy does not concern her. In any case the two things are indeed closely related.

Yoda is frightened her long grass that she hides and plays in will be either mowed down by me as a protection or burned up along with her world and her, by the nit wit contingent. Of course, were folks responsible, measured and careful in their back yards with fireworks, as we will be in that legal city, Yoda would be just as unhappy, but I sure would enjoy the 4th of July a lot more, and at home too. Oh well...paradise lost is the story of Southern California...

No comments: